CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sunflowers, Sisters, and Sweet Memories

My sister, Kelley, loved sunflowers. At one time, she had a kitchen full of sunflowers! Dishes, pictures, clocks, seat covers, towels, magnets, rugs. I will always think of her with sweet memories when I see a sunflower and this photoblog is dedicated to her.

Flowers are those little colorful beacons of the sun from which we get sunshine when dark, somber skies blanket our thoughts. ~Dodinsky
Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister. ~Alice Walker
If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom. ~Terri Guillemets
In thee my soul shall own combined the sister and the friend. ~Catherine Killigrew
Flowers have an expression of countenance as much as men or animals. Some seem to smile; some have a sad expression; some are pensive and diffident; others again are plain, honest and upright, like the broad-faced sunflower. ~Henry Ward Beecher
A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty
Deep in their root, all flowers keep the light. ~Theodore Roethke
I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness. ~Emily Dickinson
(All sunflowers grown/harvested by my husband during summer of 2010 and photographs taken by me.)

1 comments:

Delta Blues said...

awwww.... That was beautiful. I am sure Kelley saw this. your photos are breathtaking!! They never leave our side Kim. Believe